Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trying again:)



I have not blogged in nine months!!!! I could have birthed a third child in that time frame. I regret not taking the time to keep this up because I always want to have record of my kids childhood innocence and the sweet, sweet conversations we have. My last post before this was in March and in that post I was talking about Lawson's goodness and his sweet, sweet spirit & thankfully that hasn't changed over the last 9 months and I pray he always keeps those sweet attributes. I was reminded over and over again over the last few weeks and even today about that sweet spirit. A few weeks ago we went out to lunch after church and I stopped by to speak to some friends as Brad and the kids paid and went on out the door and as I came around the corner I saw Lawson who was well ahead of Bella and Brad and there was my precious six year old holding the hand of an elderly lady (a stranger) helping her to her car. She just hugged him and thanked him and told us he just ran up to her and asked if he could take her hand and help her to her car. I was having such a proud Momma moment then I pulled him to the side and said "Lawson, what made you do that? Did you just see an old lady and wanted to help?" His reply was "Yes ma'am, I just saw she had that cane and I thought she might want some real people help" I wrapped him in my arms and told him how amazing he is and that he did exactly what Jesus teaches us to do when we see someone in need we should help. I can learn a lot from this little boy. He is all boy, rough and tumble and rambunctious almost all the time but he is so loving and just today after I picked him up from school we went to lunch and he made some friends at the restaurant (he makes those wherever he goes generally) & when he dropped his knife on the ground one of the kids picked it up and Lawson must have hugged the kid two or three times to which I later said "why do you hug people so much?" his simple reply: "because that is how you let people know you love them" God bless that little man! After lunch as we got into the car he looked at me and said "I had a good time with you in there. Now, give me a hug" I gladly did.
My next post will be dedicated to Bella G because she has definitely come into her own since I last blogged and has a lot more to say than she did as a baby three years ago when I started this thing:)

2 comments:

JenJ said...

that's a sweet boy with a sweet heart!!! You should be proud!

HappyascanB said...

Oh my mercy! I love that precious boy so much!!!