I am constantly amazed by Lawson's goodness and his sweet, sweet spirit. Now, don't misunderstand me he doesn't always make good decisions and requires a lot of discipline but he is filled with goodness. A goodness that only comes from above. The gentle reminder I recently experienced was as I lay in bed with him one evening before reading a book and tucking him in he said to me "Momma, I love you because you are mine and God gave you to me" and right then and there I had an epiphany about God's amazing creation, his amazing plan and grace. I immediately told him he was right and I thanked God that he chose to give me to this incredible little boy named Lawson.
Another recent happening that caused my heart to smile was one day recently Lawson forgot his "share" item for his share day so it just so happened his Daddy was going in to work late that morning so he dropped it off and noticed the bulletin board outside Lawson's classroom and it boasted a picture of George Washington and the kids were asked how they would instruct folks in that time if they were George Washington so the class wrote their little sentences (misspelled of course because they are focusing on sounding out the words and writing it out as it sounds) so underneath the teacher wrote what the kids were trying to say and Lawson wrote that he would first tell everybody what to do then "Be a warrior fight for God" I am thankful for an amazing little boy that through all the bad decision days, all the energy and abundance of roughness is soaking something up and getting the most important piece right. God bless you little Lawson. Your Momma loves you.
No comments:
Post a Comment