Monday, November 2, 2009

Where to start....



It has been over a month since I last blogged! As my favorite aunt put it...I have gotten a little slow with my blog so I figured I better get typing! We have had lots of BIG things happening in our lives lately some of which include a new job (total industry change) for me and celebrating a very special anniversary with my husband and just managing the every day struggles of being a wife, Mom, full time worker, volunteer and everything else I inevitably pile on my plate. But, I can say life is good! We are in a good spot and feel incredibly blessed. My new job is a God send and this is a time in my life where I can totally feel His presence and sense his provision for me so I am preparing for my last four days in banking as I type this and it is kind of bitter sweet. I love what I do and I love banking in general so I will be sad as I walk out of my office for the last time Friday but I will also be excited as I dive in to this new opportunity that God has provided.

Enough seriousness....let's get to some good stuff about those precious kids this blog is dedicated to. Little Momma is something else! She has a little attitude and will tell you "no" in a heartbeat and she is always calling one of us by name...either Momma, Dadee or Bobba (her name for Lawson) and she loves to call Ga Ga and Bop as well. His name is Pop but she says Bop and he loves it! She wants to do everything her brother does and as my best friend put it you can tell she has a big brother because when she babysat last week she gave her the princess wand and was trying to get her to say "ta dah" and all she would do was roar! She loves to be read to and to just play and she still loves her Daddy most of all and he still eats it up.
Lawson has decided he wants some more babies so I asked if he wanted me to have another baby and he said "yes, three" and I said "how about just one more?" and he thought for a minute and said "Mom, I don't want you to lay in that bed again...can Dad do it?" Made me smile! We are not planning to have another baby by the way it was just a fun conversation with Lawson. He loves to play jokes on his Dad and his daily joke right now is to tell Brad he had a bad day when Brad comes in. He will say "Dad, I didn't have a good day..I kicked Wesley" then Brad will say "Awe...I guess you need to go to time out" and Lawson will explode with laughter and say "I'm just jokin' on ya!" He still is quite humorous and is doing pretty good in school. He does excellent on his school work and I think just gets bored in the afternoons when it is just play time so that is when he gets most of his sticks pulled. We will start looking at schools over the next few months and decided where to place him for Kindergarden. My how time flies! Promising to be a more regular blogger, Jodi

No comments: