Sunday, November 15, 2009

Precious thoughts from our little ones....






I still find myself getting behind on recording precious moments with the kids but here are few thoughts from the last few days:

Lawson has such a precious spirit and he is so sweet and thoughtful. He worries so much about the fact that his Daddy doesn't have an earthly Father so every once in a while he will get to thinking about it and come up with a solution like today when he told me he wanted to go to Gann's (Brad's mom) and then he said "Mom, maybe Pop can be Daddy's Dad too. Maybe your Dad can be my Dad's Dad too."

I also love the fact that whenever Lawson draws a self portrait or a picture of our family he always draws God too up in the left hand corner of the picture so He can watch over him or us. He drew himself this morning when we were doing an activity in his Veggie Tale book and then said "Oh, I forgot God" and then he quickly drew God in the upper left hand corner.

On a comical note he has gotten into calling me Big Momma and Brad Big Daddy. I have begged him not to call me "Big" anything but I get so tickled when he does it that I know I have only encouraged it. He says it in the funniest voice ever too so that only makes us laugh harder and then one time I asked where he heard that and he said "God teached (pronounced teach did) me to say Hey Big Momma and Hey Big Daddy" Not so sure about that one Law!

He has also been mocking us a bit lately like he picks up on things we say all the time and then before we can see them he calls us out like when I was getting him dressed for bed one night and he asked me to do something else I hesitated and before I could say anything he said "Just say it Mom, I can only do one thing at a time Lawson!" Or one day when I came home Brad said "Lawson, tell your Momma what happened today on that kitchen stool" and he said "I was climbing and fell off and you said Damn it son" Or yesterday afternoon when Brad was putting him down for a nap and Lawson kind of smiled and he put his hand over his mouth to cover it (which he does a lot when he gets in trouble) and Brad said "what are you doing? you can smile" and Lawson said "Oh, I thought you were going to say do you see anybody else smiling?" :)

Bella Grace is coming into her own as well. She is quite sassy and prissy but can roar like a dinosaur, build block towers and race cars with the best of them! You can definitely tell she lives with a big brother. She still loves her Daddy most of all and won't let me (or anyone else) have much to do with her if he is in the house so I have to be sure to get all of my loving in before he gets home each evening! He loves to ask her if she wants Momma to give her a bath and she says "No" very defiantly and swings that little head around as fast as she can. One night I acted like I was going to bathe her and she took me by the hand and led me right out of the bathroom and then got her Daddy...rotten! As Lawson would say I was just jokin' on her! He says he loves to joke...it makes him happy and he makes us so very happy.

I am attaching some pictures from our trip to the Rock Ranch...you have heard of information overload...well, Rock Ranch was fun overload! Enjoy.

No comments: