Friday, June 12, 2009

Two little blessings


It has been so interesting to watch the differences in how boys and girls relate to things and how different their personalities are from the beginning. Lawson is such a little man and honestly he thinks like a full grown man sometimes and then Bella is such a little lady already carrying around her sparkly pocket book, wiping the floor or table any time she has a rag in her hand and stirring her imaginary food in the pots and pans in the kitchen. Raising two kids (one of each gender) just clarifies how different men and women really are from the very beginning! Bella will ride in her stroller and shop with me for hours whereas Lawson has never liked riding in a stroller or focusing on any task for more than a few minutes. Lawson is a wide open rough and tough boy and Bella is a little more mellow. It is a joy to watch them grow and incredible to have the best of both worlds....one little wild, rough and tough boy and one sweet little doll that I forever get to play dress up with!


Lawson's latest bible verse is "The Lord will teach you the way you should go" Psalms 32:8 and don't even think about putting Lawson to bed at night without doing his "votion" (devotion) because as soon as we tell him it is time for bed he reminds us "wait a minute, we gotta do my votion" Now, I know as a four year old he is only excited about "votion" because it prolongs bedtime a few more minutes but it is still sweet to this Momma all the same! We have a kid's devotion book we read out of and it just teaches various things about being obedient, thankful, sharing, etc. but he always asks if we can read the story about that man and woman who ate the fruit they weren't supposed to eat so Adam and Eve is a fave! There is a little prayer at the end of each devotion that pertains to the story so he usually repeats it after us but a few nights ago he wanted to say his own prayer so he said:

"Dear God,

Help me to be good. Help me to be good and not afraid of anyting. Help me to be mighty and strong and not afraid of anyting. I lub you, Amen"

As far as I can tell God answered that prayer at birth because he never appears to be afraid of anything! (except the Chef ghost of course when he shows up in his dreams)


Another evidence of the grown man trapped in Lawson's little body is the conversations I have with him. The way he thinks, the things he says and how he turns on the charm every time. Or maybe that is just evidence that he is Brad's son but either way it is darn cute! This was a portion of our ride home yesterday:


Somehow he began talking about all the things he lubs (loves) and this is what he said:

I lub "Monsters Inc."

I lub baseball

I lub tumblebus

I lub pirates

I lub dinosaurs

I lub knights and

I lub my pretty princess Momma

and I will be King of the Wild Things" (from his book "where the wild things are")

Me: "You are so sweet, King of the wild things?"

Lawson: "I would rather be a knight, I will be Knight of the Wild Things"


Lawson: "I want to get married" (that has been on his mind since my last blog apparently)

"Next time I go to church, I am getting married"

Me: "Who are you going to marry?"

Lawson: "Nobody"

Me: "Are you going to marry me?"

Lawson: "No, you are going to marry me" (typical man :)


Then we made it home and he wanted me and BG to wrestle with him and I told him that girls don't like to wrestle and that he would have to wait for his Daddy so when Brad walked in the door Lawson met him in the kitchen. (Sidenote: when they wrestle they say come on, big guy so if Lawson ever asks if you want to play come on big guy that means do you want to wrestle)

Lawson: "Hey Dad, do you want to play come on big guy?"

Brad: "Sure buddy"
Lawson: "Well, what are we standing around here for? Let's get going" (I am sure that is a scooby doo line)

Hope these stories made you smile too!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

They really are too totally different spirits! And I love 'em both!!!! Thanks for the warning on playing Come On Big Guy!! :)