Okay, so I was catching some flack this morning from my daily readers since I haven't posted anything in about a week so here is where we have been during the last week:
One day I was attempting to tell Lawson something and became exasperated that he wasn't listening so I said "Lawson, why don't you listen to me?" He said "Because you got too many words. I was trying to play the game and you had too many words." Okay!
I got my hair cut this week in a little bob for the summer and I honestly don't know that Lawson has ever seen my hair this short, well I know he hasn't because it hasn't been this short in the last four years but anyway I got it cut and Lawson has always been very honest and opinionated as he was this particular afternoon when I walked in his room at daycare and he said "Mom, I don't like you hair like that" he kept asking if I could fix it when we got home and of course he continued to say this in the drycleaners and Walgreens and when we got home he immediately ran to my bathroom, grabbed my hair brush and brought it to me exclaiming "Here Momma, fix it!" I have been trying to explain to him that I can't put the hair back that I got it cut so it fell on the floor just like his does when he gets it cut and I can't put it back and then he says "will it be like this for a long time?" God bless him...he is not a fan of my new do!
One night earlier this week I had the most traumatic night I have ever experienced as a mother. I know it pales in comparsion to what some Mom's have experienced but for me this was the toughest thing I have exprienced as Mom. Lawson has always been and still is a very healthy child. BG, on the other hand is my sickly one. We end up in the doctor's office a lot with her and one day this week the daycare called and said she was running a fever so Brad picked her up and took her home. When I got home she didn't really want to eat or take her tylenol so I thought maybe her throat was sore so we went to Peds after hours where we stayed for over 2 hours not in the waiting room but in the exam room while I watched as they pricked, poked and prodded my baby for hours. They were a little baffled because her WBC was elevated but her exam showed no visible signs of anything being wrong other than a slightly red throat so they took a urine sample by putting in a catheder, drew blood from her itty bitty arm, pricked her finger, took a rectal temprature and poked all over a lot. It ended up that they thought she might have something called bactermia which is when bacteria gets in the bloodstream which freaked me out but they assured me it is very common and they treat it like any other bacterial infection with an antibiotic. They gave her a shot of antibiotics to cover all these bases and then we had to see our doctor the next morning and by then her WBC was completely normal and he said whatever it was had likely been taken care of by the shot and he gave her some oral medicine to be sure we knocked it out. So she is well on the way to recovery now and we are so thankful!
2 comments:
When Addison was 4 months old, her WBC was up and they cathed her as well...it was such a horrible thing to watch! Then when we were in MS visiting, she had a temp of 104 so we rushed to the ER where they literally held her down to take blood and insert and iv...it was HORRIBLE to watch...we are very blessed though to have such healthy babies! Can't wait to see pictures of the new cut--I'm thinking about doing something similar...
I loved your hair. I wish I were brave enough to go that short!
Post a Comment