It was bedtime a few nights ago & Bella wasn't feeling it like she usually is. Normally anywhere between 8 & 9 you can take her to her room, turn on her music, then turn on her mobile and she will reach out her little hands for her crib but this particular evening she apparently wasn't ready for her crib because she didn't do her usual reach and she cried as I put her down. She was still making a little fuss as Lawson retired for the evening so when Brad went to tell Lawson good night Lawson said "Dad, you can get Bella so she won't cry. I don't want she to cry. I'll go to sleep." It was as if he was saying I will still go to sleep even though I know Bella gets to go in there with you and Mom. So sweet of him!
One day recently, we were all in our bedroom watching a movie and I noticed Lawson was propped up on the end of our bed staring towards the wall (there is a family picture of the four of us hanging above our bed) and he said "I'm just tinking" so I said "what you thinking about?" He said "about when we took that picture...I wish we could do it again" It was like he was 18 remincising about an ole' family pic! We just took that one last fall. Sometimes he acts like a full grown man trapped in a 4 year old body!
A few of his thoughts from recent days:
One cloudy morning: "Mom, its not a berry bootiful day outside"
When he said something sweet on the way to school:
Me: "God bless you Lawson"
Lawson: "I didn't sneeze Mom"
We have this game that we play at traffic lights whoever is driving will turn their heads and Lawson will tell us when the light turns green. He has gotten in trouble before for not playing correctly and not telling us as soon as the light turns so now when he wants to play he will say "Mom (or Dad) look this way, I promise I will play right. I won't take my eyes off of it" today when Brad wasn't as prompt when Lawson said "go!" he added "when I say go I mean go" Another cute story about transportation issues is that I have always named my cars. I don't know how many other folks do this other than me and my best friend B but I suspect there are more folks out there who do this than you think but anyway, my current car is Maddie (the MDX) and I call Brad's truck Tommy (because he is a Tacoma) and of course Brad has always thought it was so gay that I named my cars so he hates the fact that Lawson has now picked up my habit! He frequently talks about Maddie and Tommy when we are riding in them or when he sees them in the drive way. Like today we used Tommy to get to church so when we got home my car was sitting in the driveway so Lawson said "Mom, guess who I see?" I said "who?" and he said "Maddie!" Brad was like oh, no!
One last story from the morning. Our church is a rather confusing place for a little kid because it is so large so you actually pass the chapel (which is now just used for weddings and funerals) as you turn on to the campus which houses our worship center and children's buildings so as we passed the chapel this morning he said "whose church is that?" I said it is ours so he said "yours and Dad's?" I said "No,it is for all of us but they only use it for weddings now. People get married there. That is where your Daddy and I got married"
Lawson: "I want to get married, how do you get married?"
me: "Well, you find somebody you love and then the preacher marries you. Who are you going to marry?"
Lawson: "myself"
me: "No, you have to marry a girl"
Lawson: "I will marry you. Then after I marry you then you can marry Dad"
I have always heard little boys want to marry their Momma's but this is the first conversation I have had with my little man about our future marriage. Sweet boy!
1 comment:
Oooh, I was hoping the married story would make it here!!! I love the God bless you incident, too!!! Lawson is so funny!!
Post a Comment