Jessica is my precious little cousin who I have always loved like a little sister. You see my parents didn't give me my own little sister until I was 9 1/2 so since Jennifer (Jessica's big sis) and I spent so much time together Jessica was naturally my little sis too. The actual weather outside yesterday was anything but beautiful as it was raining cats and dogs, there were flood warnings and tornado watches but the beauty of the bride and of young love made it seem as if the sun was shining all around. The ceremony was beautiful, the ballroom that housed the reception was gorgeous, the food was delicious and there were good friends and family all around so it was all so much fun! It had almost a high school reunion type of feel because our little high school clique' was in tact minus two and the DJ was Mr. Rogers who is Melissa's dad so just being in Milledgeville, being surrounded by so many old friends and the Chambers family just brought back a flood of memories. We were reminded that time passes so quickly and that we need to do a better job of getting together more often. I love weddings and each time I go to one I look at the couple and remember my special day and the excitement, anticipation and love that surrounded me and I think about how young and innocent Brad and I were and how we never could have imagined all this life would hold over the next few years. Though we have faced many trials in our short seven years we are stronger and closer because of them and I am so thankful that we never gave up. So as I watched Jessica and Justin I reminisced about my own special day and I said a little prayer that this will be the beginning of a long, happy and strong marriage and that they always choose to love.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Jessica's Beautiful Day
Jessica is my precious little cousin who I have always loved like a little sister. You see my parents didn't give me my own little sister until I was 9 1/2 so since Jennifer (Jessica's big sis) and I spent so much time together Jessica was naturally my little sis too. The actual weather outside yesterday was anything but beautiful as it was raining cats and dogs, there were flood warnings and tornado watches but the beauty of the bride and of young love made it seem as if the sun was shining all around. The ceremony was beautiful, the ballroom that housed the reception was gorgeous, the food was delicious and there were good friends and family all around so it was all so much fun! It had almost a high school reunion type of feel because our little high school clique' was in tact minus two and the DJ was Mr. Rogers who is Melissa's dad so just being in Milledgeville, being surrounded by so many old friends and the Chambers family just brought back a flood of memories. We were reminded that time passes so quickly and that we need to do a better job of getting together more often. I love weddings and each time I go to one I look at the couple and remember my special day and the excitement, anticipation and love that surrounded me and I think about how young and innocent Brad and I were and how we never could have imagined all this life would hold over the next few years. Though we have faced many trials in our short seven years we are stronger and closer because of them and I am so thankful that we never gave up. So as I watched Jessica and Justin I reminisced about my own special day and I said a little prayer that this will be the beginning of a long, happy and strong marriage and that they always choose to love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate that we missed the wedding...Jessica looked beautiful as always!!!
I hate ya'll missed it too....it was beautiful and lots of fun!
Post a Comment