Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A clumsy night

My best friend always says that you could eat off my floor and tonight I put her theory to the test because as I was getting our dinner out of the oven I dropped it. No, more than dropped it....the pan completely flipped over and there was our entire entree on the floor! I then burnt my arm on the oven rack in my rush to get it up but I scooped almost all of it up and back on the dish and it was still good....I'm sure we ate some dirt but nobody complained! Then I started to make tea and only had two cups of sugar (I make VERY sweet tea) and while I was delivering Lawson's dinner to him I forgot about the tea and it boiled too long so when I mixed it there were little brown tea grains floating around so I had to pour that out but all in all it was still a nice dinner I guess! My husband will eat anything and he never complains and often will eat every last bite even if it is not very good but lately I have been trying new recipes and one in particular last week was a disaster which kind of sucks because you rush home and work hard in the kitchen to make everything just right and then it turns out terrible so you have wasted time and still have to clean up! Anyway, this meal was so bad I couldn't eat it either so once he realized I didn't like it and couldn't bear to eat it he pushed his plate away too. I followed the recipe exactly but it called for 1/3 cup of some seasoning may have been basil or rosemary but that was entirely too much....it almost choked us! Thankfully after 7 years in the kitchen we don't have too many disasters anymore but sometimes they still find us!

3 comments:

HappyascanB said...

LOVE your new layout! And I am so proud you put my comment to the test! I doubt you ate the first piece of dirt, too!!!

Joy Peterson said...

I went through a phase where I was trying out new recipes...it was disasterous!!! I mostly decided to stick to my usual dinners of spaghetti, chicken and pork...can't mess those up too badly : )

HappyascanB said...

P.S. ~ Just thought of this. With your recipe, did it happen to call for fresh herbs and you used dried ones instead? I just know they are MUCH stronger when dry. Does this even make sense? I'm thinking it might not to the one who left her car running for an hour today. . . . blog about that, Puhleeze!!!