Thursday, March 5, 2009
Am I growed up yet?
Ever since we made the trip to Granny's farm a few weeks ago with the Nelsons Lawson has talked about being grown up so he can get his Daddy's guns. Our dear friend Gina has a grandmother who lives in south Georgia and she has tons of land complete with a pond so Lawson got to go fishing with Brad and Paul and he even got to watch them shoot targets with their hunting guns. Lawson had his plastic rifle and took his turn too. But apparently sometime during that day when he was asking for a real gun Brad told him he could have them when he grew up so over the last several weeks Lawson will ask when he wakes up "Mom, am I growed up yet?" Then he proceeds to tell everybody that when he grows up he will get his Daddy's guns and knives! He is going to have folks thinking we are the biggest rednecks who let our children handle guns and knives! But the cutest part is that Lawson thinks this growing up thing is literally going to happen over night and the sad part for me is that I know one day it will seem like it did. I already wonder where the last four years have gone. I told Lawson it is going to take years and years for him to grow up and I don't want it to happen too fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a precious story. Your statement about how he thinks now it'll happen overnight and you know that before too long it will seem that way to you is so true.
Post a Comment