Sunday, March 8, 2009

Recent Lawson conversations

Me: Lawson, did you have a good day at school?
Lawson: Yes, it was Ro Ro's birthday
Me: Oh really? Did he turn 4?
Lawson: Yes ma'am, when he gets to be 5 he will be an ole' guy

Lawson: Dad, God made me, you, Momma and Bella Grace but he made Momma special.

Lawson: Shut it down
Brad: Lawson, I don't know why your Momma ever told you it was okay to say shut it down but it is not nice and we aren't going to say it anymore.
Lawson: Okay, but can I still say boo de aye? (this is the french version of his former boo dae phrase I referenced in a previous blog) (I have said boo dae or boudeaye and shut it down are the two words he plays around with and tests us with so he just needed to make sure since we were taking away "shut it down" he could still say boo de aye)
Brad: Yes, you can say that but when you want someone to stop talking instead of shut it down say quiet please or will you be quiet please?
Lawson: Okay, Dad....I will do it.

Last night we were in the bathroom after bathtime and I was wiping his nose and trying to get a glob of snot I saw on the corner and he all of a sudden said "Whoa, sister" to which I totally cracked up and then he cracked up and of course continued on with it and embellished it a little and eventually said "whoa sister with the glasses" made us all laugh! (I was wearing my glasses last night)

He is still practicing Wee Ball and we have our first game this Saturday. Today at church I was asking him if he told Paul about his wee ball practice and he said "No, mom it was my baseball practice" As we were leaving practice yesterday he said "I love baseball." Let's hope he does well or at least cooperates with his coaches! More to come.

1 comment:

Julie Scott said...

Lawson's stories crack me up. I love the one about God making Momma special - no wonder he has you completely wrapped around his finger. Looks like Bella is her Daddy's girl too!