I have been in bed since Monday afternoon with the flu and a sinus infection and thankfully I don't get sick very often so this has really thrown us all for a loop. Especially Lawson who has probably never seen me quite like this. I have to give a shout out to my incredible husband and to my incredible Mom and mother in law for all their help this week because they have been awesome! Brad has been doing laundry, ironing, completely taking care of Lawson, running errands and just about anything that is needed. Lawson got sick last Thursday night and was sick through Sunday and then daycare was closed Monday because of the snow so I came home at 1 hoping to relieve Brad so he could go to work but instead I fell into bed sick and then yesterday daycare called and said Bella was sick so again thank goodness for two wonderful grandmothers who are taking care of her and keeping her away from me and my germs. It is really hard not to be able to care for her when she needs me and I'm not use to being so bed ridden but I will be better soon and so will she and I am just thankful for a great family who is so helpful in times of need.
Lawson has been so incredibly sweet this week and so concerned about me. When I came in Monday he saw me fall into bed and he said "Momma, are you sick?" and I said yes and he said "well, we better take your temperature" and he ran and got his thermometer. He came sneaking in to the bedroom several other times throughout the day to check on me and he even read me a story once. Each time he would ask if I was still sick and one time he responded "But Momma you are my girlfriend...you can't be sick."
Then last night it was "Momma, do you feel better?" I said a little bit and he said "but I bought you some peanut butter crackers" and then Brad told me he asked him this morning if my crackers made me feel better. He also told Brad he wanted him to sleep in the bed with me. Brad has been on the couch in an effort to avoid my germs so I have been shut up in the bedroom and spraying lysol everywhere I go when I have to leave the room so Brad had to explain to him that he would sleep in the bed with mommy again he was just waiting for me to feel better. Kids are so smart! One more sweet little note....he picked up one of our wedding pictures the other day and said "look Mommy...Daddy was a knight and you were a princess." I love that precious boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment