Tuesday, January 6, 2009
You are my Princess
A few nights ago Brad and I were in the den and Lawson was watching a movie in our bedroom and he suddenly ran in to tell us something very important and I can't remember now exactly what it was but when he walked out Brad and I were just smiling at each other marveling over our precious boy and I told him I wish I could bottle up Lawson's sweet little voice so that I could always have that sweet sound close by. One day when he is all grown up I know I will long to hear that precious little child voice so it would be da' bomb if when he says the most precious things I could capture them in a bottle to always have but I guess that is why we have video recordings and I promise you we don't run short ont those. We have drawers and drawers full already and the kids are only 3 years and 7 months. One of my favorite things recently is when we play and of course Bella and I are the princesses, Brad is the dragon and Lawson is the good knight who saves me. He looked at me so sweetly the first time and said "You are my Princess" and then he quickly defended my honor with his sword and told the dragon I was his princess and for him to find his own and when the dragon surrendered he puckered up his lips and gave me a big ole kiss....it was priceless! The best part about being a parent is getting to be a kid again all at the same time. Brad and I have been caught staying up late after the kids go to bed playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment