Saturday, January 7, 2012

The worsest word ever....



Recently Lawson asked me what was the worse word ever? I said "I don't know but if I think of it I'm not gonna say it" and he said "well, the worsest word ever is homework and the best word ever is free food."

During that same ride the kids had a conversation about marriage. Bella said "Momma, you know I'm not gonna live with you forever. One day I am gonna grow up and get my own Daddy" (translation=husband) Lawson immediately chimed in and said "don't worry Mom I'm gonna live with ya'll forever because I'm never getting married!"

I always talk about Lawson's sweet spirit and the perfect addition to that amazing quality is his quality of sportsmanship. I was taking a blogging hiatus during last year's baseball season and I was still off during football but now it is basketball season and that sweet spirit is still shining thru. During football his team made it to the Championship game the Superbowl of flag football and they lost by just a few points and afterwards in the huddle as the coach was talking Lawson raised his little hand and when called on he said "I don't really care if we win or lose as long as everyone had fun" Today, at his first Upward Basketball game he along with another team mate received the white star which stands for being the most Christlike during today's game. He encouraged his team and displayed good sportsmanship along with having a great game! It was so fun to watch him running up and down the court and the best part was watching him guard his man because he was serious about that part and when he was being guarded he had all sorts of tactics to distract the opponent:) Looking forward to the rest of the season in this great program!

Lawson is just six years old (6 1/2 now I guess)but he has always thought very deeply about things and has always been inquisitive about God & Heaven probably because we have taught him from an early age that his Granddaddy lives in Heaven. His prayers have always been very heart felt too so based on his personality traits I have always said he will grow up to either be a politician or a preacher:)The politician because so many adults that have met him in restaurants and playgrounds over the years have said he will be running for office one day, he never meets a stranger, is very talkative and astute & can also turn on the charm when needed. He had resembled more of the preacher qualities recently & Brad and I have talked about how much we can learn from him because he reminds us to live with the end in sight and to look forward to entering our Heavenly home one day. Lawson knows all about Heaven and how great it will be and I think since we have lost two good friends this year and he knows they are there his interest is peeked even more. He talks about how he wants to go to Heaven so he can see them and how it is such a better place. He asks questions about dying a lot and the other day Bella said "Mom, are you going to die tomorrow" I quickly responded "I hope not!" to which Lawson quickly replied "why Mom? you will be better off." What a wise little man. We often say folks who are really sick physically will be better off but the truth is we will all be much better off when we reach Heaven. All of his questions about Heaven often alarm me because I certainly don't want to entertain the thought of ever losing him but it is so incredibly special to know that at such a young age he has a heart for the Lord and already longs to spend eternity with him. He often talks about how he didn't even get to meet Granddad and he misses Mr. Rob and Unky a lot but he knows they are okay now and that he will see them again one day. I can't wait to see how the Lord will use our precious Lawson. So thankful for the blessings named Lawson & Bella:)

No comments: