OMG! I seriously haven't posted since April! Where has the time gone?!?! I finally decided it is best just to start fresh today rather than trying to back track and remember everything that has happened since April 23rd when I blogged last but in a nutshell this is where we've been: Lawson turned 5 on May 25th and Bella turned 2 on May 14th so we had a joint birthday party at our house and speaking of house, we are lucky to still have one as Lawson almost burned it down on the birthday party day (turned on the oven burners while the cakes were on top in their boxes and Bella's cake box caught on fire and ended up all over our floor); Lawson had his first broken bone. He fell off his play set in early June and broke both bones in his wrist resulting in a cast; we went through three casts (he pulled the first two off) and finally got it taken off for good (by the doctor) July 7th; we had a memorable family vacation on Amelia Island; we hired a nanny to care for our kids at home; we welcomed the newest little Sappe into the world, our niece, Graleigh Brynn. Whew! It has been fun and busy! Now we are preparing to send Lawson to Kindergarten and as Bella says she will go to school "Lawson go to Kindergarten and I go to school" she will go to our church for a mothers morning out program twice a week. They are both excited and they both love their new situation with Amber. She comes to our house so they get to sleep in and she takes them swimming and to story time and Chick fil a mulitple times a week so they are in Heaven and so are me and Daddy!
A few favorite memories I always want to remember and hope to imprint in my mind for when I'm old and gray and the kids are grown:
Lawson and I went to see Toy Story 3 and Andy (the main character) has finally grown into a young man and is headed to college and just as he is about to leave he and his Mom stand in his empty room looking around to be sure he got everything and Andy's mom gets emotional thinking of her baby going off to school and as I am thinking about what I will do when that day comes for me I look over and Lawson is already looking at me and he says "don't worry Mom, I'll always be here for you" and then he wraps those little chubby arms around me as tight as he can. It was priceless!
I hope I can always picture Lawson and Bella the way they were last night (and most nights) when we put them to bed and like clock work about 15 minutes later Lawson is carrying Bella in his arms and then he puts her down and they both stand in front of us in the den to give their respective stories as to why they can't sleep.
Riding the waves with Lawson at the beach on his boogie board & building sand castles with Bella
Taking them to the water park and seeing them have an absolute ball!
I hope I can always remember their little voices as they attempt to be the boss of each other "Bella, you don't do that to your Momma young lady" or "put on your shoes now Lawson Sappe" or my favorite "inside voice Bobba!"
I hope Bella is always so easy to please and I hope Lawson is always so grateful and I hope Bella has a fast metabolisim in case her love of food never goes away:)
Thanking God for my life and all the goodness he has poured down. I vow to blog more regularly from this day forward:) Happy Day to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment