Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!!! Holiday Reflections....





It is the eve of Christmas eve and I can hardly believe it! This month and year really has flown by. We have been busy celebrating with all of our extended family. We celebrated with Daddy's family last Saturday and Mom's family last night and then we will continue to celebrate with our immediate family right through Christmas and I am so thankful! I am thankful for my wonderful husband, my beautiful, healthy kids & my immediate family, my extended family and all of my dear friends. The dearest of which, we get to celebrate tomorrow morning with for a Christmas eve breakfast! I love this season and I love hearing Lawson recite the Christmas story and ask us the same lines over and over..."and an angel appeared to Mary and what did he tell her Mom/Dad?" We say we don't know and he exclaims "he told her not to be afraid!" in a tone that says I have told you that several times already! I am sitting in front of our big, beautiful Christmas tree as I type this and I am again so thankful and so excited to celebrate with my family this year. We have so much to be thankful for and I can't wait to watch Bella and Lawson on Christmas morning! One quick side note about Christmas at Aunt Nita's (it was a blast as always) and it is tradition to sing Christmas carols together before we open gifts so as we were singing Frosty the Snowman we came to the part that says "with his corn cob pipe and button nose and two eyes made out of coal" when Lawson quickly interjected "and no legs" it was a hoot! Then a few days later at Ga-Ga's family Christmas we went on a hay ride through Aunt Charlotte's neighborhood and Lawson was the only boy there that night because the only other boy cousin on that side lives in Atlanta so he was consumed by the girls and they were singing their little hearts out but Lawson didn't let them overshadow him as he just sat and sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer as sweetly (and sometimes loudly) as he could and even told the girls at one point to stop because they were hurting his ears! He is definitley honest..sometimes brutally so but he got that from me so I can't say too much. I hope he will always be as sweet and honest as he is today. Merry Christmas!

No comments: