Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Christmas to remember......






It's all over for another year. The gifts have been unwrapped, the casseroles and desserts made and Santa & crew are safely back at the North Pole. We had a fantastic Christmas at our house! The kids loved their Santa gifts and new toys but I also hope they enjoyed celebrating Baby Jesus...Law definitely loved putting the sprinkles on his cake! I hope more than anything else that our kids will one day leave our home knowing the true meaning of Christmas and can say that is what we celebrated in our home above everything else. Lawson is as bright as ever and can recite the entire Christmas story to you as well as some key verses and I would love to know what is going on in his little head sometimes. For example, Christmas Eve morning we had our best friends over for breakfast and after we ate we went outside so the kids could play and they ended up on the gator. After several trips through their little gator path (around the back yard, down the drive way and around the front yard and back again)Lawson abruptly stops the gator right in front of me and Aunt B and says "Mom, I've got some bad news. There is someone who wants to hurt Baby Jesus...its King Herod" You would have thought it was breaking news!
We (especially his Daddy) have been working really hard to teach him to be thankful for what he has and to not always want more which definitely goes against the grain for a 4 year old I'm hear to tell ya! So, we have preached it so much that now before I can even get it out of my mouth he says "Mom, I know, I know...I'm tankful for what I have" but the other day when Brad started preaching he quickly interrupted and said "Daddy, I'm trying to tell my mind to be tankful & to appreciate everyting" I love that little man to pieces!
Now, Bella is a precious little thing too. She is so pretty that she looks like a little baby doll and she already has typical woman tendacies because she love, love, loves shoes & jewelry! I have blogged before that she is the polar opposite of Lawson and that continues to prove true as she grows. Lawson doesn't meet a stranger but Bella on the other hand, is not the friendliest little girl you will ever meet! She definitely has to warm up to you and she checks you out real good before even cracking a smile. She will furrow her eyebrows in a heartbeat! It is almost embarassing sometimes because she is so unfriendly and is not afraid to tell a stranger or anyone "no" when they ask anything so hopefully she will grow to be a tad more friendly but either way she is mine and I love every bit of her!
My next post will likely feature wedding stories because my cousin, Chris who is like a little brother to me is getting married in a couple of days so we have lots of fun festivities ahead to celebrate Chris & Maggie's union. I always say I was basically an only child because my little sister didn't come along until I was 9 years old so we didn't have much in common at that point but now she is 22 and I'm 30 and she rocks! Our age doesn't matter and we are super close now but growing up my Maxey cousins were like my siblings. Ashley is the oldest and was always the boss, then there is little Greg and Chris who are the little brothers I never had. We have such great childhood memories and continue to make more great memories every year. My Pat Pat & Uncle Greg (the parents of the kids mentioned above) always had the fun house growing up and I am so excited that my kids get to experience it too. Lawson loves going to Pat Pat's house and on New Years Eve they have invited Lawson & Bella over for their NYE Party and to spend the night along with Cooper & two of his friends from NC. Lawson is so excited that he can hardly stand it! I know it will be tons of fun for everyone! Happy New Year!

No comments: