
Tonight I want to honor the man in my life. He is my husband, my best friend and the father of my children. He does an exceptional job at all three roles and I am so thankful and feel so blessed to call him mine. There have been times through this journey of ours that I didn't feel quite so lucky to call him mine but God has made all things new and I am so thankful and so amazed at the transformation. These are some of the things that make my husband truly GREAT:
He is a very "hands on" Dad...he bathes, feeds, plays, loves on and puts to bed our most precious gifts and he never complains and he never keeps score. He always steps up to the plate to care for the kids when his over-committed wife has volunteer obligations. I don't have to ask him to do things...he just does them.
He helps fold clothes and put away the dishes sometimes & cleans the heck out of our bathrooms!
He never complains about what I cook or if I cook and even if I totally mess something up he will clean his plate and never say a word unless I admit it wasn't that good.
He never lets any thing distract him from our kids. 9 times out of 10 if one of the kids asks him to play he drops whatever he is doing and plays with them and I admire that. He often reminds me that I should always do the same because one day our home will be empty and we will wish we still heard the pitter patter of little feet and had little ones interrupting us, begging us to play.
He is the head of our household and he keeps us grounded and on track.
He is not prideful or boastful and does what he needs to do each day to make it...he keeps choosing to do the next right thing.
He leads the prayers and most importantly the devotions for our children each night.
He taught Lawson how to pray on his knees. He taught Lawson this by example as Lawson learned by just observing his Daddy hit his knees each morning as soon as he gets out of the bed so, now at four years old Lawson doesn't know any other way to pray. If you say "let's pray" he hits his knees and I love that.
He is honest, strong, hardworking and provides well for our family. (and pretty handsome too which is definitley a plus :)
The list could go on and on but this are some of my favorite things about my husband. I am so thankful for where the Lord has brought us from and we just praise him for where we are now. Thank you Brad, for being who you are and doing what you do. And, thank you Lord Jesus, for your mercy, grace, and unending love.
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
2 comments:
Absolutely beautiful! God has done amazing things in your marriage, in your lives!!! Brad is one heck of a husband and father, and I'm so thankful you have that!!!
Jodi, I have tears in my eyes as I read this. It's so nice to hear you brag on your husband! God is capable of excellence and I've learned to never limit him! So glad he has blessed your marriage and renewed the joy!
Post a Comment