He is just growing up so fast! There is really nothing babyish about him anymore as he just looks like a little boy and acts like a little man. Every morning when I drop him off at school I walk him to his room and get him situated at the table with his breakfast and when I lean down to kiss him I always say "Be good today, listen and obey" and one recent morning when I said that he replied with "We don't have to talk about that Mom, I'll be fine."
We love Lawson's teachers (Ms. Nikki and Ms.Nita) and he loves them too which is a great thing! He told me today when I was singing in the car that sometimes his teachers sing to him and I said "you have such good teachers" and he said "yep,sure do!"
Mrs. Nikki is always telling me about ways Lawson blesses her heart and she told me today that yesterday afternoon at nap time Lawson was having a hard time going to sleep so he called her over and he said "Mrs. Nikki, I'm having a hard time falling asleep and I can't be still" Then he said "I don't want to be a bad boy Mrs. Nikki" and she assured him he wasn't a bad boy just because he couldn't be still so he asked what could they do and she knew what he wanted to do so she said "do you want to pray?" to which he replied with an emphatic "yes!" so they prayed that Lawson could be still and settle down for nap time and as soon as they finished the prayer he laid there for a minute and then said "Look, Mrs. Nikki I can be still!" Oh, to have that childlike faith...isn't that what Jesus wants for all of us? I wish I could bottle it up!
Recent Lawsonisms:
Don't ever ask him why he is digging in his behind because he will say "I'm getting my underwear out of there...my hinie is hungry"
In typical little boy fashion I saw him picking his nose while we were riding along in the car and I said "stop picking your nose" he replied "I gotta get that booger" and I said "well, I guess that's okay" to which he replied "you like booger pickin'?"
Another example of him telling you what to say to him: Lawson: It rained today. Me: Did it? Lawson: Uh huh. Mom, you say did it rain and then I'll say it did. Me: Lawson, did it rain today? Lawson: yep, sure did.
I had an overwhelming day today at work as we were riding home I exhaled and said "what a day, what a day" and Lawson said "what a bootiful day Mom" what a sweet reminder that was for me!
When we got home today he wanted to go get the mail so I gave him his stool and told him to go get the mail and to come right back (I was unloading the car)and a few minutes passed and no Lawson so I called his name and saw a glimmer of his shirt going through the little gate that leads to our neighbors yard (it is in the middle of our driveway not at the road) and I said "Lawson, what are you doing? Get back over here" and he said "Nothing Mom, just going to check Zoe out" (Is he 16 or 4?!?!)Then I asked if he got the mail and he looked down at the mail in his hands and shuffled through it and pulled out a magazine (a little crate and barrel sales catalog) and said "Look Mom, its a magazine in case somebody goes do-doing" He was serious as a heart attack...cracked me up! Later a storm came and it thundered loudly and he screamed from our bedroom and I said "Lawson, come in here" (assuming he was scared) and he said "no tank you" (pronounced no tank chew) and then I said "your not scared?" and again he replied "no tank you". I am calling it that he will be an actor or a musician when he grows up so I expect credit 20 or 30 years down the road if that happens. He did get his first musical stage debut last night at our National Night Out at the Park (unless you count the time he crept on stage and played the drums at the MUMC program last year) when he got on stage with guitar in hand and sang the Scooby Doo theme song into the mic.
Then last but not least, as we did our devotion with him tonight we asked him who he wanted to pray for. We have a rule that each night after our devotion he has to pick someone to pray for outside of our immediate family and tonight he chose to pray for Mrs. Carol (a friend and new Mom we delivered dinner to tonight) and this was his prayer which by the way is pretty standard no matter who we are praying for but it still blesses my heart! "Dear God, help Mrs. Carol to do good and to listen and to be fine. And Dear Lord we pray, Amen." Then he asked if he could pray for himself so he did and asked God to help him listen. God bless that precious little soul!
1 comment:
This is one of my fave posts yet! I love Lawson's conversations!!!
Post a Comment