Have I ever mentioned what wonderful grandparents my kids have? They are the bomb! They never hesitate to help when needed but more than that they call us to ask if they can have the kids for a day or so and that just makes my heart smile! Last Friday was no exception as we had a very busy week and Brad pulled double duty as Mom and Dad most evenings last week so he needed a little break. And I wanted to spend some time with my big boy before he started 4K so Gann came to the rescue and picked up Bella G for a sleepover and she spent the entire day at her Gann’s house which enabled me and Lawson to go on a special mother/son date to the movie theater! Dad got a little down time for himself and got to do some things he wanted to do, Bella Grace got lots of grandma love and Lawson and I had a blast so it worked out well for everyone! Lawson and I went to see Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs and it was so cute. Much to my surprise he really did great and we stayed through the entire movie. He laughed hard and said funny things and got a few laughs from the other movie goers and he did stand up a few times and say “I’m gettin’ out of this place” but that was just for laughs because he always sat back down and watched. When the movie was over we played some games in the arcade then went home, cut a watermelon and played until bedtime. Brad was catching a late movie himself so I curled up in Lawson’s bed beside him and he twirled my hair until we fell fast asleep. It was a precious night that I will always hold dear. When he woke up Saturday morning he did immediately go to Bella’s room and demand to know where she was. “Where is Bella?” “I need her right now!” he said. He was treated to a special fun day with Dad the next day. They went to the river and went swimming and played on the rope swing then spent the entire afternoon at Chuck E Cheese which lit up Lawson’s world!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Movie Night with Lawson (and funny hat night)
Have I ever mentioned what wonderful grandparents my kids have? They are the bomb! They never hesitate to help when needed but more than that they call us to ask if they can have the kids for a day or so and that just makes my heart smile! Last Friday was no exception as we had a very busy week and Brad pulled double duty as Mom and Dad most evenings last week so he needed a little break. And I wanted to spend some time with my big boy before he started 4K so Gann came to the rescue and picked up Bella G for a sleepover and she spent the entire day at her Gann’s house which enabled me and Lawson to go on a special mother/son date to the movie theater! Dad got a little down time for himself and got to do some things he wanted to do, Bella Grace got lots of grandma love and Lawson and I had a blast so it worked out well for everyone! Lawson and I went to see Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs and it was so cute. Much to my surprise he really did great and we stayed through the entire movie. He laughed hard and said funny things and got a few laughs from the other movie goers and he did stand up a few times and say “I’m gettin’ out of this place” but that was just for laughs because he always sat back down and watched. When the movie was over we played some games in the arcade then went home, cut a watermelon and played until bedtime. Brad was catching a late movie himself so I curled up in Lawson’s bed beside him and he twirled my hair until we fell fast asleep. It was a precious night that I will always hold dear. When he woke up Saturday morning he did immediately go to Bella’s room and demand to know where she was. “Where is Bella?” “I need her right now!” he said. He was treated to a special fun day with Dad the next day. They went to the river and went swimming and played on the rope swing then spent the entire afternoon at Chuck E Cheese which lit up Lawson’s world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment