Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good Friends and Goodbyes





Over the last two years we have had several good friends move away due to taking new jobs and we are now preparing to send off two more precious friends and their baby boy. Thankfully, they are just moving to Tifton so they won't be terribly far away but we will still miss them being just down the street. We had a farewell picnic for them Saturday afternoon at the park and it was lots of fun! That same afternoon Lawson was able to help his best friend Rooker celebrate his fourth birthday so that was a big hit too! Lawson was introduced to the slip n slide and you can imagine that he had a ball! BG even took a turn! It just blesses my heart when I hear Lawson talking about God or quoting scripture or remembering his bible stories or praying for someone so Saturday afternoon at the party my heart smiled as I watched Lawson spot a slingshot on the ground and he said "Look Mom, I know what this is...this is what David used to hit Goliath" He is really growing up and looking at him (my baby) makes me realize just how quickly time passes because all of a sudden there is nothing babyish about him anymore he just looks and acts like a little boy or a little man mostly. We have been laughing recently because he still talks just as much as ever but he talks for all of us or anyone in his presence like you don't have to worry about what to say or how to play with him because he will tell you! Here is on example: (as we were all playing on the bed)
Lawson: "Mom, I am going to fall off the bed and then you say Awe, baby are you okay?"
So we do that and if I mess up at all we have to do it over. He does this with everyone and it is kind of funny! He also often calls his sister "scootie pootie" and she doesn't call him much of anything yet! She loves on him all the time and she looks for him when you call his name but we can't make out exactly what she says just yet. A little note about Bella G is that the girl loves to eat! I mean she will eat as long as there is food out and never seems to get full. I am seriously wondering if she has a tape worm. Her vocabulary is much slimmer at this age than her brother's was as her only words are: uh oh, Momma, Daddy, go and dog. I hear Lawson ringing the door bell now so that is my cue to come out and play!

No comments: