Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Saturday


Bella loves to ride the Gator with Lawson. She absolutely loves it and they have their little route cut out around the yard and they typically jump the cement step at the end of the driveway. Bella has a little handlebar on her side that she hangs on to throughout the rides but she absolutely loves riding with him and usually doesn't want to get off. Lawson always stops at some point in the driveway and hugs his sister and says "I love this baby!"
However, I think he has decided he needs two brothers. The other night when Brad put him to bed he said "Dad, I wish I had two brothers" then he followed up with "maybe we can find two boys who don't have a Mom and Dad and they can live with us" so I guess he loves BG but two brothers sure would be cool! I think that comes from spending time with his cousins lately who are two boys and obviously two brothers. Lawson and Gannon will say to each other "you got the boy and I got the girl" or vice versa. Gannon left Lawson a message tonight and we called him back and they had the cutest litte four year old conversation you have ever heard! They were basically planning spend the night trips to one another's house.
I had to work the JL kitchen tour this morning and Brad had an eye appointment that he desperately had to make because he is one of those that wears his contacts for six months straight so since he had to go and I had an obligation so he had to take both kids with him to the eye exam. I am sure everbyody was feeling real sorry for him thinking he was a single dad but he made it. He put Bella in her stroller and threatened Lawson with a spanking and no t.v. time today if he moved from the chair in the waiting area and Brad said they did really great and of course Lawson never stopped talking the entire time. He talked to the doctor, the employees and other patients/customers. But when they got ready to leave the doctor told Brad he had two very well behaved children. Wow....we honestly have never heard that before!
One of Lawson's favorite phrases is "you said it girl" so that was his reply when I asked him if he wanted a pop tart for breakfast this morning.
Then later today our friend Unky, that I have mentioned in previous blogs came up to help Brad with a project on the back deck. Unky is older and for some reason is missing a few teeth, so when he got here today the whole crew was in the bathroom getting Lawson cleaned up and Lawson said something about Unky's teeth and Brad distracted him somehow but he said as soon as he got done cleaning him up Lawson walked right out of the bathroom to the recliner where Unky was sitting and said "Unky, why do you only have two teeth?" How embarassing! I think Brad quickly said something before Unky had a chance to answer and thankfully Lawson didn't ask any more which is unusual because he is normally quite persistent until he gets an answer but thankfully this time he shut it down!
Later while I was cleaning house and the men were outside working Lawson decided he wanted to go back out with them but he wanted to play in a portion of the yard where no one was so I told him that he couldn't play there he had to play in the back where his Dad could see him and he said " Buzz Light will protect me" (referencing Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story movie) and I said "No, who will protect you?" and he said "God will protect me" then he said "there are 2 Gods" and I said "No, there is just one" and he said "yeah, He was outside" then as he was walking out the door he looked up to the ceiling and said "Ready to go God?" His teacher told me the other day how much he talks about his God at school and it just blessed my heart. It feels good to know we might be doing something right along this parenting journey!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

What a busy Saturday y'all had! I'll bet Lawson will ask Unky again about his teeth before it's all over!!!