I have been a little under the weather since Monday so I am little behind on my blogging so here is to me catching up. Last Friday night we celebrated my Daddy's 56th birthday with the family and it was great. We all went in together and got him a GPS which if you know my Daddy you know he greatly needs! God love him he has never had the best sense of direction and it was my sister's idea to get this gift so we all went in. Anyway, I thought I would take a page from my fellow blogger and best friend in the whole world, Bethany and list 56 things I love about my Daddy in honor of his 56th birthday. Here's to you Daddy! (Meg, it will be up to you show this to him next time you are home!)
56 reasons I love my Daddy:
1. He is strong
2. He is a hardworker
3. He is courageous
4. He has one of the biggest hearts God ever made
5. He is kind
6. He is smart
7. He is athletic
8. He has loved the same woman for over 30 years
9. He coached me in softball and was always active in the rec leagues...even building a new field when they needed it and to this day it is called Outler Field.
10. He taught me about football
11. He taught me about all sports
12. He started taking me to UGA football games when I was nine years old
13. He used to comb my sister's hair every night because she would scream bloody murder when me or Momma tried to do it
14. He always let me take off this work boots at the end of a long hard day and that made me feel like such a big helper.
15. He is gracious.
16. He does kind things for people when they don't even expect it like going over to cut my grandmother's grass while she is out shopping or running errands.
17. He faithfully took care of his aunt until the day she died.
18. He loves his sisters no matter what.
19. He misses his Momma and shared with me many stories of his life growing up when we would take those drives to the cemetery in Deep Step.
20. He is a good friend to so many people.
21. He is a good father in law
22. He is an incredible son in law
23. He is an awesome grandaddy or Pop as the kids call him
24. He always helped me with my homework
25. He always made sure I had everything I needed and then a lot of what I didn't need but what I wanted.
26. He spoiled me rotten
27. He never missed an important event
28. He made sure I had a beautiful wedding
29. He has encouraged me all along the way
30. He is everybody's favorite uncle
31. He is extremely patient
32. He has this incredible quality of just going with the flow and letting whatever my Momma or anybody else says go right in one ear and out the other if that is what needs to happen
33. He is easy going
34. He likes to read
35. He passed on his love of history to me
36. He loves western movies which is why I guess that Lawson was convinced that Pop had to have a cowboy cake on his birthday
37. He taught me to love old movies...the classics
38. He taught me to enjoy the little things in life
39. He taught me the difference between right and wrong
40. He taught me how to drive. I will always cherish the days and nights he went driving with me and all of the conversation, laughter and tears we shared.
41. He taught me a little about cooking.
42. He is honest.
43. He has a great sense of humor.
44. He quit smoking.
45. He became healthier and looked for ways to improve his lifestyle after having a heart attack and bypass surgery a few years back.
46. He prays and loves the Lord.
47. He is a child of God.
48. He and my Mom are active in their church.
49. He gives my Mom whatever makes her happy.
50. He loves his grandchildren.
51. He loves his cell phone and calling to check in with me and my sister (especially my sis in college) and he is learning how to text I think!
52. He has driven the same little white toyota truck (a.k.a. Toy Boy) since I can remember. I do think I remember another truck from when I was really small but Toy Boy has been around for at least 20 something years.
53. He never complains and his truck is testament to that.
54. Sometimes when you tell a story he has already heard he kind of mouths it along with you.
55. He has an infectious laugh and I love it when he gets really tickled about something.
56. He isn't a real handyman but I love that he always tries so maybe that will be my last thing that he never gives up! Happy Birthday Daddy!
1 comment:
Well done, Jodi! I loved reading your 56 things. Your Daddy has such a sweet, genuine spirit, and I've always admired that about him. I love his sense of humor and his sweet smile. Billy Rocks!!!
Post a Comment