Friday, February 27, 2009

First Wee Ball Practice





We had our first wee ball practice yesterday and let me start by first making note of our ride home from daycare. As I have said before the time we spend in the car on the way to and from school is where some of the best conversations with Lawson take place. Yesterday he had a great day at school and on Tumblebus and even took a nap on his cot! As soon as I walked in his room the first thing out of his mouth was "it is time to play baseball" Then he told me Xander was playing and all the other kids (about 18 of them) chimed in about what they were playing and when. Some were playing baseball, some basketball and some football. He then proceeded to tell everyone on the way out he was playing baseball and even parents in the parking lot and he apparently noticed one he hadn't told one man after he was buckled in so I had to roll down the window so he could get that one too. Then he told me and Bella Grace stories all the way home. It started because I made the comment I couldn't crank my car because I tried to put it in reverse when it wasn't cranked all the way. The first one went something like this:
(sidenote - he always tells his stories in this great kind of hushed story teller voice) "You know Mom when I was a grown up I couldn't crank my truck and so I went into the forest and I saw the ghost chef (from a scooby movie) and he was chasing me and I was scared at him and then I climbed up a really, really tall tree and then the ghost chef got a rope and was climbing up to get me and then I runned all the way up to Heaven to God and my Grandaddy, I love those two and then I came back down and ran to that building (pointing to the little ambulance bldg on Forsyth Rd) and I was saved. I actually was saved." I am sure there were lots more details when Lawson told it but that was the core of the story! So then we got ready and went to Wee Ball Practice. When we got there his friend Camden had a hat so Lawson decided he needed one too so Brad took off his and gave it to him and he proceeded to talk to everyone everywhere in typical Lawson fashion. His coach's wife was standing there and she has a baby who was in a stroller and Lawson talked to the baby then told the Mom that the baby was like his little sister and he pointed to Bella and then said "we got her at the hospital." Then later he was talking to his friend Xander who ended up being on his team and then he came and got me and told me Xander's Mommy and Daddy wanted to see Bella Grace so I had to stroll her to them so they could see. Such a proud big brother! Anyway, as you can imagine Lawson ran non stop for the entire two hours we were there and of course batting was his favorite part and he doesn't much like waiting his turn but overall he did great and said he had a lot of fun so I think he is going to enjoy it and I know we will!

3 comments:

Jennifer Drury said...

I soooo love his stories! Especially the "I love those two" part, and the "we got her at the hospital" part. I don't know how you don't spend every waking hour just laughing! Precious!

Jodi Sappe said...

We do spend a good bit of our time laughing! He says all of these things like they are completely normal things for a three year old to say! Hope you are doing well.

HappyascanB said...

Oh, the first picture scared me with his serious face! Looks like he got much better about baseball! He's going to love it! I am amazed at his connection with Mr. Larry. It's really unreal!!!