Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recent happenings at our house


- Bella is getting ready to take her first steps. She will stand by herself for long periods of time and bounce a little like she is ready to walk but she just hasn't quite got the foot thing figured out yet. She claps, smiles and shakes her head no when she hears me say "no ma'am" so she is in a cute little stage and sometimes I think I could just eat her! Speaking of, she loves to eat most anything these days! She loves her gerber graduate treats, bread, crackers or any table food she can gum to death with her one tooth.
- Lawson is officially a big boy as he has finally given up his paci or his pass as we pronounce it. He still says he needs it sometimes at bedtime or naptime and tries to guilt us into giving it to him by saying he won't be able to play with his hair because he literally thinks his hand won't twirl his hair without his pass. But we have not given in and he has been paci free for going on three weeks. Yay for all of us!
- Last week Lawson melted Brad's heart when they were playing and he looked at Brad and said "Dad, you are my hero."
-I was thinking this afternoon on the way home that this blogging has been a good thing but that I wish I had a tape recorder with me at all times particurlarly in the mornings on the way to school and in the afternoons on the way home because that is where some of my funniest and most memorable conversations with Lawson take place. This morning on the way to school I told him we needed to pray for Pop because Pop was going to the doctor today and he said "okay, but we need to pray for Emma first" and I asked him if Emma was sick and he said "No, her mommy and daddy are" so I complied and we prayed for Emma and I was guiding him in prayer and he was repeating after me and I looked in the back seat and his eyes were closed and he had his little hands folded under his chin and when it was time to pray for Pop I said something like please be with Pop at the doctor today and then take care of Pop to which Lawson repeated as "Lawson will take care of Pop" and it just melted my heart (I asked Ms. Nikki about Emma when I got to school and she said Emma's mom is sick and that Emma had asked if they could pray for her in chapel yesterday so the kids went to the altar and prayed and she was so proud that Lawson remembered her in his own prayers) and then we sang some songs to God the rest of the way. I always call Brad on the way from school in the mornings to tell him how the drop off was and this morning I couldn't get him so I called about mid morning and was raving about how sweet Lawson is and how I know he frustrates us sometimes but he blesses my heart much more than the frustrates it to which Brad replied "yeah, but I just got a call that he got kicked off the Tumblebus this morning" what a way to kill those warm fuzzies! Oh well, Lawson was good for a little while today.
I love hearing him sing the songs he learns but you really have to prompt him to share them with you....I had no idea he knew so many! He sang "Jesus loves me" and "He's got the whole world in his hands" and one night this week when I was putting him to bed I crawled in to read a bedtime story and it was a book about Hairy Dawg where Hairy walks all over the UGA campus and when he goes to the game the band is singing "Glory, Glory" so I was teaching him how that songs go and he said "No, Mom it is give God your glories, glories children of the world" and I said you know that is probably a better song to teach you and it made me smile to think of him giving God his glories glories. (Obviously for those of you who know the song it is give God the glory, glory but it is a lot cuter hearing a three year old say glories!)
Some tidbits from the ride home this afternoon:
He likes to play with words and test us to just what he can say and get away with so this afternoon he was saying he can't say shut up but he can say shut it down and that he can't say butt or botty but he can say "boo day" then he started rambling about how I need to be careful because if I drive my car off the side of the road we will go to jail and jail is not a fun place to play and I said really, have you been there to which he replied shut it down Mom. He also incorporates the word "actually" into most of his sentences this day and he is doing well with yes ma'am and yes sir, no ma'm and no sir and this afternoon he knew he was likely going to be in trouble for having such a bad day at school so he immediately noticed when I picked him up that I looked different and when I asked him what was different he said my hair and since little Brad knew he was in trouble all the way home he told me how much he liked my haircut and how pretty I was. (one night this week he told me I was a pretty ole' girl)
He is very funny playing with Bella as he thinks he is her boss and needs to keep her straight and he usually calls her "scoota pootie" because he has heard Brad call her that but it is funny coming from a three year old. The other night his Gann was up visiting and we were having dinner and she was at the opposite end of the table from him and he all of a sudden he said "Gann, that sure is a beautiful necklace you have there" cracked us up! That reminds me of the other day when we were on the way home and of course he was talking non stop and I was talking to Megan on my cell and he wanted to talk to her so he did and he was telling her about the T-Rexes that we often pass in the road and how T-Rexes were at his school but he has big muscles and he punched them. He said he punches T-Rexes all day and she started laughing and he said "stop laughing (which he pronounces as lapping) and then he said "you are fake lapping, you know like when I don't listen to Mom and Dad and I get in trouble and Dad tells me I am fake crying. Uh huh you are fake laughing like I fake cry" He is so funny and always keep me guessing what is gonna come out of his mouth. It is fun to be the mom of Lawson and Bella!

No comments: