Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lawson Randomness










Lawson is a complete motor mouth. He never stops talking....he even talks in his sleep sometimes. Sometimes Brad and I look at eachother and just say "he hasn't stopped talking yet" but he is so precious and has such an extensive vocabulary that we love to hear him ramble on most of the time and when I find myself getting frustrated he will say something that just melts my heart like yesterday when I had a terrible sinus headache and he was talking non-stop in the car all the way home and when he could tell my tone was a little unpleasant he said "Mom, are you sad?" and I said no, but I don't feel good. Mommy's head hurts to which he responded "you want me to rub it?" Then when we got home he rubbed it for a second and then said "Mom, Daddy will rub it for you when he gets home" I do love that little boy!




We have always told him about his Grandaddy and from a very young age he could tell you that his Grandaddy was in Heaven and now that he knows about God and Jesus he will tell you that God and his Grandaddy are in Heaven. Well he has made little comments about his Grandaddy lately like when I asked him who we were going to see at the barber shop a couple of weeks ago and I was looking for him to say "Mr. Mok" the barber but he said his grandaddy would be there. Then when ever he tells me he is afraid I always tell him not to be afraid and asks him why he doesn't have to be afraid to which he says "because God is with me" (one of his first bible verses was "God is with me wherever I go") but the last few times he has said because God and Grandaddy are with me. It brings a tear to my eye and melts my heart every time!




This morning on the way to school Lawson said that when Dad was saying the blessing last night he said "but" and that is a bad word. How do you explain to a kid that "but" used in a sentence is not the same thing as your "butt" the body part? I don't know but I tried to explain people don't always use it as a bad word. Then he said "well, me and Wesley say boo tae to Ro Ro and we got in trouble" and I secretly cracked up hearing him say "boo tae" and then I said Lawson we don't say that word, it is ugly and that is why you got in trouble so don't say that anymore to which he replied "Mom, it is not a bad word. Not booty but boo tae. That is what we say boo tae" I asked him what exactly boo tae was and he gave some silly explanation that didn't make sense but I immeditaly called Brad on my way to work to tell him this story!

No comments: