Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some of our favorite things from Lawson lately....

"Dad, you look great." (each morning when Brad walks through on his way to work)
"Dad, here is your best friend" (when he wakes up on Saturdays & comes to our bedside)
"I love that baby" (referring to Bella G)
"Obama Rock" when asked who is President
"Mom are we going home?" I say yes and he says "We get to eat, play and watch my shows" (this is on the way home from daycare)
I think I have shared before how Walgreens is one of Lawson's favorite places and this is bad because we pass it frequently on the way to and from our house and he is always trying to scheme up a way to get in the store. Last week he asked Brad while pointing to something on the side of the building at Walgreens "Dad, what's that?" to which Brad replied that he didn't know so Lawson said "ride on over and let's check it out." He is a schemer and he gets that honest I must say! We went to a seminar last night about how to deal with strong willed children (which is all children) and it was really good but if the speaker knew I had a blog I guess he would think I was really pathetic! He talked about how moms today do nothing but talk about and dote on their kids and how fifty years ago that wasn't the case and kids turned out better for it. He honestly made some good, valid points that I have never thought about because society had already subconciously ingrained in my head what a good mother was before I could even think about it. Anyway, we seem to have made some strides lately with Lawson in the listen and obey department and I am looking forward to reading Mr. Rosemond's book to gain more knowledge...they say there is no book on parenting but now I have one! It is a great feeling when you overhear your child using good manners or saying a prayer or reciting a verse or when he listens and obeys the first time and I hope to have more of those obedient moments. Tonight Brad was gone and Lawson disobeyed so he was put to bed thirty minutes early and you would have thought he was dying...he said "Momma, I need you...I can't lay here any longer" to which I replied oh yes you can and you will because you disobeyed and he is still there and will be until morning so I hope he learned a lesson tonight and I usually would say I hope he has sweet dreams but he prays at night that God would keep his dreams away because he says they are scary especially when he dreams about the ghost chef from Scooby. So I just hope he sleeps well!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

I was just thinking I needed some Lawson stories! I cracked up at him being so dramatic about his punishment! And how he wakes y'all up on Saturday mornings is precious, precious, precious.