Well, first off since Lawson gets most of the air time on this blog I want to say that sweet little Bella is cutting her first tooth as we speak. It is on the bottom and is almost all the way through. I think it is really hurting her tonight because each time we lay her down it only lasts for about 10 minutes before she screams in agony. I just gave her motrin and orajel so hopefully the pain will subside soon. Lawson is spending the night with Ga-Ga and Pop and Aunt Meg (who came home today for the weekend) so he is sure to have a great time. They can't disobey the rules too much anymore though because Lawson is big enough to tell on them now. Just last week he and Brad were in Walgreens and he wanted some fingernail polish to which Brad told him boys don't use that stuff but told him they could buy it for me. So they did. It is royal blue with sparkles in it but when Brad told him boys didn't use that stuff he said he did at Ga-Ga and Pop's house and it just so happened Momma and Ma-Ma came up that night to babysit while Brad and I went out. So as Brad was telling the story to Momma she said "Lawson, you have never painted your toenails and fingernails at my house" to which Lawson replied "not my toenails, just my fingernails" and we all howled! The real story I heard is he went in the back bedroom and saw a bottle and he opened it because he is strong enough to and he proceeded to paint a little of himself. It's okay Ga-Ga....it will take a lot worse than that for us to give up your babysitting services! Okay, the next story I have is mildly funny though it could be a bit hurtful if Mrs. Jones (name change for story purposes) saw him do this. Mrs. Jones is the lady who teaches across the hall from Lawson's room at school and he has told us when he gets in trouble he has to go to Mrs. Jones classroom and at first he could tell I didn't really know Mrs. Jones so he said "You know Mom, Mrs. Jones" then proceeded to stick his thumb in his mouth as if it were an air tank and he blows himself up like he fills his cheeks with air until they are all fat and puffy and pokes his stomach out and does this big hulky thing with his arms and feet and that is how he describes poor Mrs. Jones! He does it anytime her name comes up which we don't try to bring up often but I must say it cracks us up! He always wants to go the gym with me so he can play with his "friends" and you have to realize for a social butterfly like Lawson his "friends" are any human (child or adult) that he sees. Everytime we pass the park at the end of the street and people are there it is "look Mom, my friends are there" it is really precious so this morning (Thursday) I told him he could go to the gym with me Saturday and play with his friends while I work out and then we will both go swimming in the indoor pool (they have kids/family time for a few hours on Saturdays) so he was excited and he said "Okay, we can go to the gym and I will play with my friends while you do your exercises and then we can go swim for five minutes (because that is his time frame for everything) and then we will go home and play and eat a Pop tart" I think I have got myself a little planner! He thrives on schedule kind of like me. I love it and I better because it is appearing his sister is going to be just the opposite!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
more Lawson stories
Well, first off since Lawson gets most of the air time on this blog I want to say that sweet little Bella is cutting her first tooth as we speak. It is on the bottom and is almost all the way through. I think it is really hurting her tonight because each time we lay her down it only lasts for about 10 minutes before she screams in agony. I just gave her motrin and orajel so hopefully the pain will subside soon. Lawson is spending the night with Ga-Ga and Pop and Aunt Meg (who came home today for the weekend) so he is sure to have a great time. They can't disobey the rules too much anymore though because Lawson is big enough to tell on them now. Just last week he and Brad were in Walgreens and he wanted some fingernail polish to which Brad told him boys don't use that stuff but told him they could buy it for me. So they did. It is royal blue with sparkles in it but when Brad told him boys didn't use that stuff he said he did at Ga-Ga and Pop's house and it just so happened Momma and Ma-Ma came up that night to babysit while Brad and I went out. So as Brad was telling the story to Momma she said "Lawson, you have never painted your toenails and fingernails at my house" to which Lawson replied "not my toenails, just my fingernails" and we all howled! The real story I heard is he went in the back bedroom and saw a bottle and he opened it because he is strong enough to and he proceeded to paint a little of himself. It's okay Ga-Ga....it will take a lot worse than that for us to give up your babysitting services! Okay, the next story I have is mildly funny though it could be a bit hurtful if Mrs. Jones (name change for story purposes) saw him do this. Mrs. Jones is the lady who teaches across the hall from Lawson's room at school and he has told us when he gets in trouble he has to go to Mrs. Jones classroom and at first he could tell I didn't really know Mrs. Jones so he said "You know Mom, Mrs. Jones" then proceeded to stick his thumb in his mouth as if it were an air tank and he blows himself up like he fills his cheeks with air until they are all fat and puffy and pokes his stomach out and does this big hulky thing with his arms and feet and that is how he describes poor Mrs. Jones! He does it anytime her name comes up which we don't try to bring up often but I must say it cracks us up! He always wants to go the gym with me so he can play with his "friends" and you have to realize for a social butterfly like Lawson his "friends" are any human (child or adult) that he sees. Everytime we pass the park at the end of the street and people are there it is "look Mom, my friends are there" it is really precious so this morning (Thursday) I told him he could go to the gym with me Saturday and play with his friends while I work out and then we will both go swimming in the indoor pool (they have kids/family time for a few hours on Saturdays) so he was excited and he said "Okay, we can go to the gym and I will play with my friends while you do your exercises and then we can go swim for five minutes (because that is his time frame for everything) and then we will go home and play and eat a Pop tart" I think I have got myself a little planner! He thrives on schedule kind of like me. I love it and I better because it is appearing his sister is going to be just the opposite!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Omigosh! I needed a laugh this morning, and the story about Mrs. Jones was just the ticket! That's great!!!! I love it!
Post a Comment