Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grandaddy

One night about a week ago Brad and Lawson were playing around the house and as I have said before Lawson has recently figured out family relationships like that his Ga Ga and Pop are my parents and that Gann is Brad's mom. He also knows that his Granddaddy is in Heaven. Sometimes when we are playing he likes to be the Daddy or Grandaddy so I think this is how this conversation came up:
Lawson: "Daddy, I want to see your Daddy."
Brad: "He's not here."
Lawson: "But I want to talk to him."
Brad: "Do you know where he lives?"
Lawson: "Yes, in Heaven."
At this point Lawson looks up towards the ceiling and says "Grandaddy , can you come down here please?" Then he told Brad "Daddy, he's not talking to me" so Brad explained to him that Grandaddy can't talk back but that he can hear him and that Lawson can talk to him whenever he wants and he is there even if we can't see or hear him. I am convinced that sometimes children have connections with even the family members whom they've never met.

2 comments:

HappyascanB said...

You know I love this story. So very precious. . . .

Joy Peterson said...

How sweet is that! I agree with you...I am quite certain kids have all kinds of connections upstairs.