Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Stories from our morning
I love making Lawson's bed each day because it is kind of like a treasure hunt....you never know what you might find! He used to be really good about not getting up once we put him to bed and he still does well but rather than calling us for everything he wants in the bed with him like he used to he apparently has started getting up and getting it himself. This morning when I pulled back his sheets I found both of his socks which isn't too unusual but then when I pulled the comforter up I noticed a big lump and then another so I pulled the covers back to find his loafers that he wears to church. I guess he thought he might need to go somewhere during the night! He came to our bed about 5 this morning so when I made our bed I found his dinosaur book. Most often in his bed I find swords, cars, little dinosaurs and sometimes his rain boots! Wednesdays are show and tell day at school so this morning Lawson chose to take his Conan Barian sword (short for Conan the Barbarian) it is a huge sword that my parents gave him so Brad dubbed it the Conan sword. He walked in and Wesley and Roman immediately ran to him asking if they could see it and the teacher told them to let Lawson get it in the room and get settled before they bombarded him so I told Lawson to eat his breakfast and then to share his sword and he said "they can't play with my sword, its my Dad's" and then he turned to them and said "Sorry guys you can't play with my sword...its my Dad's." He says that because when he and Brad are playing at home Brad always uses that sword because Lawson tends to be a little too rough for such a big sword so now it is Dad's sword. I hope he doesn't use it on anybody at school today! One last thing about my precious boy....his new word is grumpy and sometimes when we get on to him or tell him no he tells us we are making him grumpy! Another favorite is when Brad and I are correcting him or just trying to get things done like make him get in his car seat or whatever he will say "Mom, put on your smiley face and be sweet" and then "let me see your smiley face Mom" and sometimes he will say "talk sweet Mom" if I am using my aggravated voice. We are looking forward to a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment