What can I say? When Lawson gets on a roll he gets on a roll so all of this took place on the way home from school yesterday:
Wednesday night Brad had church so I was home alone with the kids and Lawson was very disobedient so he got sent to bed right after his bath around 7:45 so on Thursday afternoon Brad called us while we were riding home and he asked to speak with Lawson:
Brad: "Be good tonight and listen to your Momma"
Lawson" "I was tinkin' about that at school today. Don't worry Dad, I'll be good"
His Daddy didn't realize I had already said no to ice cream so when Lawson asks him he says sure....tell Mom to go get you an ice cream so as I redirect my route to make this happen I realize I don't have any cash and I'm about to put a $1.79 ice cream cone on my debit card so I say "Lawson, I don't have any money...I can't believe I have to put this little amount on my debit card" so he doesn't quite understand and comes up with a solution..."Mom, just tell the truth. Tell the saleslady the truth and maybe she will give me an ice cream cone" Moments after getting the cone he takes a bite and says: "Mmmmm...this is so good. Tanks for ordering it Mom" then as he sits in his tee shirt and camo shorts as I start to pull out into traffic he says "Don't spill the ice cream on my bootiful pants Mom, be berry careful." Before this when he was saying he wanted to go to DQ and I was explaining I was getting there as fast as I could I was about to say Lawson, you have to be patient but before I could he filled in the sentence with apparently what they learned at school that day because he said "I know, we have to be patient, kind, tankful and good." I think he's got it!
No comments:
Post a Comment