I haven't posted a thing since July 8th and that is because my world has been non-stop lately but now I finally have time to document a little bit of our summer thus far. I have been a little bit overwhelmed lately (with work, Junior League, KD and Castles & Crowns) and I hate it because I know there have been some precious things that have come out of Lawson's little mouth that I have failed to document so I think of them as lost forever...it breaks my heart to think I might not remember or be able to look up every precious thing my kids did one day. Hopefully, now that summer is winding down I can get back on track with my blogging! Here is a little about what we have been doing this summer since my last post:
At the end of June/beginning of July I attended Kappa Delta's National Convention in Orlando. It was incredible! Where else in the world can you go and immediately have something else in common with the other 800 women in the room? I enjoyed making new friends and reuniting with some old ones. I went as CAB Chair for Eta Mu at Georgia College and the President of the Georgia College Chapter attended with me. It was quite memorable as most things are with Disney as a backdrop!
I went back to work for a week and then left again for Amelia Island. This was supposed to be a family vacation but Brad and I made an executive decision (after much encouragement of the grands) to leave the kids behind with the grandparents and make it a special trip just for us and it was a good decision because we enjoyed our time together and had an incredible time! The kids had an equally good time staying with the grandparents and they were ROTTEN when we got back so everyone enjoyed themselves! I have an annual Georgia Bankers Convention each year and this is year it was in Amelia so we went there for a week for convention/vacation and again I enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. Here are some things I loved about our vacation: laying uninterrupted on the beach for hours, my massage at the Spa, the volleyball tournament, shopping in the Village, downtown Fernindina and fatty food like pizza, fried seafood and ice cream!
When we got back from the beach we still had four days before going back to work that we were able to spend with the kids so we did everything summer with them and it was so much fun! We had a picnic in our backyard, swam everyday, ate watermelon, went out for ice cream and just played. It was so much fun!
That has pretty much been it since my last post and now we are looking forward to a family beach trip next month. I can't believe that summer is almost over and we are already approaching fall! Lots of pictures to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment