Tuesday, June 2, 2009

From the mouth of Lawson.....

Today he is going to Dr. Bush for his 4 year checkup and he will have to get 4 shots. His Daddy has doctor duty today because not only could I not bear to watch it but I knew I probably couldn't physically hold him down because he is strong or big and strong as he likes to say! Anyway, Brad picked him up from school a little while ago and this was the conversation:
Lawson: "What are we going to do Dad?"
Brad: "You have to go see Dr. Bush for a check up to make sure everything is working just right."
Lawson: "Okay. Mom said we were going to do something fun. Mom said we were going to the movie store." (I didn't really say anything about the movie store)
Brad: "We can do that and we can go get some ice cream"
Lawson: "That will be happy for me buddy!"

Conversation from our ride home from school yesterday:
Lawson: "Mom, are we going to church to watch Jonah and the whale?"
Me: "Yes, we are"
Lawson: "Mom, I am so proud of you. You are going to get a princess stamp on your hand because you are bootiful and sweet"
Me: "awww...thanks Lawson!"
Lawson "you welcome Mom"
(he gets stamps from tumblebus on his hand at school regularly and his swim teacher regularly gave whale stamps after class)

Brad and I have laughed lately about how he takes the words we say to him and says them to us like if I say something he likes to hear like we are going for ice cream or we don't have to go to bed right now he always says "Mom, I'm so proud of you" or when I say something he doesn't like he will say "Mom, you are not being berry nice so when we get home you are not watching your shows and you are going straight to bed" or sometimes he says "time out" but if I ever adjust my position in the least he will say "Tanks, Mom. Now you can watch your shows and you don't have to go to bed when we get home."

He has just finished swimming lessons (both he and Bella) and the lady who taught him is notorious for being good at what she does but also for being very direct and teaching with tough love. So, one morning recently he said something that I later learned he picked up from her. I told him to brush his teeth or do some not fun thing and he said "you aren't my friend anymore" so I started fake crying which in the past has always triggered him to pat me sweetly and say "it's okay Mom, we are still friends or I still love you" but this time he said "I don't want to hear none of that baby stuff!" Surprised me but then cracked me up!

Lawson and Bella did excellent in swimming lessons despite all my anxiety and we are so proud of them. Their Gann gave them a big inflatable pool for their birthday so we blew it up Sunday afternoon and put it at the end of the driveway. I mean it is big enough for us all to get in so we relaxed in our po' folks pool as Brad called it! Lawson enjoyed showing off his skills and his swim teacher taught them little chants for everything they learned and the one about going under is "take a breath and blow it out" so at one point Sunday Brad and I looked over and Lawson had BG in his arms saying "take a breath and blow it out" as he dunked her under! She is already one tough little cookie though and at our house she will have no choice but to stay that way! Swimming pictures to follow.

No comments: