Lawson is getting to celebrate his birthday several times this year! His real birthday is May 25th which is Memorial Day and we will be in Charleston for my cousin's wedding so he will get to celebrate with the Outler clan there, we had a birthday party for his friends here at our house last Saturday and then of course he will get to celebrate at school sometime this week with his friends. He has already requested a Batman balloon for his chair that day. Anyway, the party last Saturday was lots of fun and the rain held off until the very end at which point I had to give in and let all of those people with dirty, wet feet into my house! But it was really a great day and Scooby Doo was a huge hit! Lawson was beside himself when Scooby walked down the driveway and it was precious! I can't believe my baby is 4 years old but he will often remind me he is my baby. When I put him down tonight I was telling him how great he is doing in swimming lessons and how brave he is so I kissed him and said "good night my little warrior" and he said "no, I'm your baby!" He got that right....he will always be my baby. Happy Birthday Lawson!
We had a busy weekend that also included his last wee ball game, his first wee ball trophy and his graduation from 3K at the Wee Center. It was a sweet, fun filled weekend! Then we started swimming lessons on Monday. Today was our second lesson (we will go every day this week and next) and both Lawson and Bella are doing great! Ms. Bragg is truly wonderful with the kids and is so good at what she does. A few comments from Lawson over the last few days:
"I thought you were going to get me a drink big fella" (to his Dad on the way home from Gordon...Brad had promised to stop and get him a drink)
Lawson: "Mom, am I free?"
me: "Of course you are! We live in America where everyone is free."
Lawson: "No, Mom...I'm not free, I'm four!"
"Bella Grace looks so pretty in her pajamas"
Lawson never stops talking and I know he said more memorable things over our long weekend but this is all I got right now. Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment