Sunday, May 10, 2009

A fabulous Mother's Day Weekend






We had a great weekend. Brad was off on Friday and he worked for 12 straight hours putting together the play set we are giving the kids for their birthday gift. He put lots of sweat and time into making sure everything turned out just right and when we got home for the day it wasn't quite complete but the whole base was there and he was excited all the same. I said "Lawson, do you love it? and he said "Um, not yet...it is missing the swing and slide." Needless to say we were out playing on it at 9:00 when it finally got done and I think it is something we will enjoy for many years to come!
Saturday we ran errands and then celebrated Griff's first birthday in Gordon with the family. Griff and Bella are seven days apart in age and Lawson and Gannon are 9 days apart so the Sappe family is full of birthdays for the months of May and June! For those of you who don't know, Gannon and Griff are my nephews and Gannon and Lawson are the same age as are Bella and Griff. My sister in law and I have been pregnant together both times. The kids are so precious to watch and have so much playing together. It is such a blessing! Saturday night we had my family over for Mother's Day dinner. Daddy grilled chicken and I made all the sides....peas, fried green tomatoes, cole slaw, potato salad and rolls. It was yummy! We had great fellowship and everyone loved their gifts.
Sunday was a beautiful Mother's Day right from the start! I had to serve at church during the first hour meaning I had to be there at 8:30 so everyone in my house was still asleep when I left so I had a free morning of doing nothing but getting myself ready. I even had extra time to sit out on my front porch swing, drink my diet coke and do my devotion. It was absolutley heavenly! I slipped in the first service long enough to watch my best friend's niece be dedicated then I worshipped with my husband during the second service. Our pastor did this sweet thing at the end of the sermon where he asked the men in the room to get close to their Mom or wife and speak the words to them that they probably think often but don't say and then to pray over them. So, Brad held my hands and just smiled for a minute until I told him I thought he was supposed to say some words to me and when he started it was like he couldn't stop and needless to say I was crying by the end of his speech and then his prayer. Couple that with the flowers the kids sent me on Friday and the beautiful cards they gave me it was a precious Mother's Day!
We had lunch with Brad's Mom and spent the afternoon enjoying good food and fellowship and watching the kids play as hard as they could. My day ended with Lawson and Brad going to the grocery store for me and Brad cleaning the bathroom. It was an incredible day and one I will always cherish. My cup truly overflows!

You know I can't end my post without a few funnies so here you are:
Last weekend we did yard work and put out new mulch and Lawson calls these areas "the moat" (you know like a moat around a castle) and he knows he is not supposed to walk or right his gator on the moat so Saturday night when my family was over we were all in the front yard and Lawson and Daddy were over playing to the right and Lawson looked at Daddy and said "Pop, can you step on that moat?" so Daddy said "yes" and he stepped on it at which point Lawson yelled "I'm telling....my Dad told me not to step on that moat" so Lawson ran over and told on his Pop!

When I picked the kids up Friday I said "Lawson, look at the beautiful flowers you and Bella Grace sent me" he said "that sure was sweet of us"

Lawson sang me a Happy Mother's Day song with his guitar to the tune of Happy Birthday. It was priceless!

When I put Lawson down tonight he asked for his flashlight (you know so he can read his books while in bed) and I told him he didn't have one not knowing Brad had bought him one on their Kroger trip so I told Brad and he went in to give it to Lawson. He held it behind his back and turned it on to which Lawson said "Wow, I told you I needed a flashlight to read my books and you didn't forget cause you are my best friend." As Brad was walking out of the room he said "Dad, I'll never forget you."

Good night sweet man.

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

How precious! I love the cute pictures, especially Law and Gannon jammin with their guitars!!! Your yard and house look fantastic! Love the adirondack chairs, too!!!