Monday, March 16, 2009

Recent Happenings....


Bella is almost walking and she could if she would stop clapping for herself while standing. She gets so excited about standing on her own that she starts clapping and then tumbles over! She experienced her first ride on the Gator last weekend and she liked it...Brad basically jogged beside them with his hand on her in case Law got a little crazy! She loves playing with her big brother lately and it is a joy to watch them together (when Lawson is behaving anyway.) It wasn't joyful Sunday afternoon when they both decided not to nap which meant neither could me and Brad so they were playing in our room and we were watching from the den and everything was fine until Bella made a move for Lawson's ice cream and he chose to kick her. He got a good spanking and was sent straight to time out and after being there for a while Brad went in to talk with him and make sure he understood why he was in trouble and explain why he can't kick his sister and Brad was eye to eye with Lawson and when Brad got done with his whole serious spill Lawson looked at him and said "Dad, you've got dragon breath. You need to go in there (pointing to the bathroom) and brush your teeth." It was all Brad could do not to crack up! It was a good thing I wasn't in the room because I would have.


This morning I went to wake him up for school and like usual I said "Good morning, did you sleep well?" and he said "I don't want to talk about it, I'm berry tired and I need to rest." so he laid there while I dressed him and then I took him to the couch so I could make up his bed and I said "here's your toothbrush, brush your teeth" to which he replied "Five minutes Mom, I'm berry actually tired."


This morning on the way to school it was pouring rain and we were talking about it and I said "I don't like driving in the rain" and Lawson said "Me either. When I was a grown up I had a big truck and went through the rain." Those are just some cute things I had to post before I forgot and Wee ball will be a whole post on its own with pictures. Our first game was Saturday so I will try to blog about that tonight.

3 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

So glad you are back! I've missed these hilarious posts with Law and Bella!

Are you feeling back to normal now?

The dragon breath is too funny--but how in the world did Brad keep from laughing???

HappyascanB said...

Dragon Breath is classic! This pic is already on our fridge at home! Precious Bella clapping for herself is too much!

Jodi Sappe said...

I am back to normal or as normal as I can be! Hope you are doing well! I don't know how Brad managed though I am sure he cracked a smile!