Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Conversations and Thoughts from the last few days



Lawson is signed up to play wee ball and we have our first practice tomorrow night so last night we went to Academy to get everything we would need for this adventure. I can't believe my baby is almost four years old! I was watching Bella play tonight with one of Lawson's old baby toys and I told Brad it seems like just yesterday that was Lawson standing there playing like that and now he is ready for Wee ball! Anyway, Brad was so precious last night. The four of us went to Academy and I can't tell you how long Brad looked at gloves and even talked to the salesman about gloves all while I am chasing Lawson around the store with Bella on my hip and I was like Brad, just pick a glove...he is only 3! But it was important to him to get the right one and I think that is precious. Then we went to Dick's because Academy didn't have Nike cleats and that is what Brad wanted Lawson to have (keep in mind we have soccer cleats that were only worn about 4 times last fall but we needed new baseball cleats) so we went to Dick's and got him all squared away. He wears a size 12 by the way and when I told that to another wee ball parent today and gave them Lawson's other stats (50 pounds in size 5T clothes) they decided he would be the clean up batter for the team! Lawson was certain last night that he didn't need a "glub" just a bat so we might have to go back to get his own personal bat before the season ends.
So we have been talking baseball to get him excited and I think it has worked. On the way to Academy yesterday he was staring out the window and I asked if he was sleepy and he said "no, I'm tinking" and I asked what he was thinking about and he said "my baseball game" and he told me he was so excited and then said "I'm really berry sorry but you and Bella Grace can't play baseball, only me and Dad." Then I asked what he had for lunch and he said "Let's just talk about baseball Mom." Then later riding down the road when Brad was with us and we were talking (which Lawson always trys to interupt) he says "hey, hey listen you two" to get our attention and some other cute antics lately have been when Brad says come give me a hug when he gets home and Lawson says "don't mind if I do" or when he hears the door beep and he says "I think that is my best friend, Dad and then as soon as BG hears his voice she is off to the races too crawling to wherever her Daddy is as fast as she can!
This evening Lawson told me I was making him grumpy because whatever I told him to to wasn't ideal for him at the moment then he looked at me and said "Mom, you are making me destructive" I love Lawson Sappe to pieces!

4 comments:

HappyascanB said...

Oh, I was hoping you'd post the Academy story! It melts my heart to think of him rushing to see his best friend when Brad gets home. And BG rushing off to her Prince, too! So priceless!

Joy Peterson said...

Jodi,
these stories are priceless! I love hearing--well, reading--them! He is just too cute! Let us know how wee ball practice went....

Anonymous said...

Jodi! I am not ready for kids, but your stories make me want them!

Jodi Sappe said...

Katie, you can come babysit anytime!