Monday, January 19, 2009

Teacher Mom


The kids are napping so I figured this was the prime opportunity to do some blogging. We have had lots of fun today! Everyone was up by 7:30 (thanks Bella for sleeping 30 minutes later for us all!) so we had breakfast and then we played. Playtime was followed by story time and art time and then lunch time. After lunch we had t.v. time and playtime again then naptime. Lawson calls me Teacher Mom when I attempt to do these sorts of things on my off days. When Brad reads or paints with him he is Teacher Dad. It is a good thing I am not a teacher though because I simply wouldn't have the patience for it I don't think. It drives me nuts when Lawson can't sit still for five minutes and listen to a story. It is really hard for him to be still for any period of time. We played doctor and this is how the conversation went: "Are you sick Mom?" "Yes, my ear hurts." "Oh, I need to give you a shot. Don't cry, here is a bandaid and Dr. Bush will be right in" (he grabs the stethoscope) "Now let me check your heart" (he puts it on my stomach) I said no, my heart is up here and patted my chest and he said "No, Mom those are your boobies. Does Dr. Bush check your boobies?" I said no, he doesn't but I do have a heart right here amongst my boobies! All while Lawson and I are playing my human dust buster is crawling all over the house and putting any dust ball she can find in her mouth...gross Bella G! She is also pulling up and standing by herself and she is so proud! Lawson and I would clap for her and she would grin from ear to ear. She is also learning to drink juice from a cup as of yesterday. She isn't so sure about it yet but like everything else she will get the hang of it. Yesterday morning we were sitting on the couch before church and Brad walked in for the first time since waking up and Lawson said "hey buddy, I love my buddy." He is so sweet! His first question on the weekends is usually "Mom, do I not have to go to school or church today?" So he was estatic this morning when he realized he just got to stay home with me thanks to MLK. When I said he didn't have to go he said "well (smacked his lips together) what do you want to do today?" He told me he wanted to go to the gym but we have yet to make it there. He wants to go play with his new friends he said. Over the last couple of days he has also liked to refer to people as "ole buddy, ole pal, ole friend" all in one sentence just like that! We have a little comedian on our hands and he makes life so much fun! Our kids are the light of our lives and we feel so blessed!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

Soooo funny! He does love boobies!!! BG is the happiest little thing! I loved seeing her wake up yesterday from her nap!