Monday, December 15, 2008

Conversations with Lawson Round Three

Okay, so I am totally blogging at work and our server went down which is why I lost my whole last post! Anyway, I am a little OCD and I can't rest or do my real work until I get this post completed so here it goes again:
Conversations with Lawson who is all of three years old as you know are my absolute favorite conversations to have! It is just what Brad and I need after a long day of work or while we are paying bills or doing laundry or other not so fun adult jobs! He comes up with the cutest and silliest things sometimes. One of his new phrases is "Aye, Aye Captain" with a proper salute of course when we instruct him to do something. Another one is when we tell him two or three times to do something (which is usually what it takes for him to comply) he says "okay, okay settle down Dad, settle down" which totally cracks us up! He has the biggest imagination ever as we commonly see dinosaurs on the way to school and have even driven through rain forests to get there. Lately he is in to knights and dragons and we all have to role play. Sometimes Lawson is the chilvrious knight and sometimes he is the dragon that blows fire out of his mouth and I'm the bad guy and Bella Grace is the beast (Dad is just Dad and the mode of transportation for the beast) so that is our latest game and it is lots of fun! He loves going to the movie store with his Daddy and he always gets a Scooby and lately he has been getting one Scooby and one Disney movie so last weekend he got the Little Mermaid. I laughed at him because his Daddy hates musicals and apparently Lawson does too because he was watching the Little Mermaid in our room while Brad was in the den and he walked in the den and just strolled around a few times and when Brad asked him what he was doing he said "they are singing again" so he paced around a few times and then went back in and exclaimed "Dad, they're done!" He is all about ridding the world of bad guys and last night Brad and I were watching it with him and it was the part where Ursula (the sea witch) grows really big and rises up out of the ocean in an attempt to keep Ariel and Prince Eric apart and Lawson said "I will punch her" and Brad and I both looked at him and as if he knew what we were thinking he said "What, I can't punch bad guys?" To which we died laughing and said yes, but only bad guys! I can't remember if I have blogged about this before but he loves his baby sister and she appears to be crazy about him too. He calls her "sweetie baby girl" and lately it has been "ole sweetie ole baby girl" and she just grins from ear to ear like she knows that's her! They helped celebrate their Dad's 30th bday last week so I will have to blog about that next. Until then....good day!

1 comment:

HappyascanB said...

The story about him walking around the living room while "they're singing" in hilarious! Maybe he's got a little of his Aunt B in him, too, and he prefers "real" things!! :)